Protect your privacy
You should make sure that you are always in control. Do not let anyone pressure you in to giving away more information than you feel comfortable with.
- Keep the conversation here until you feel comfortable with a member before telling them information such as your email address, telephone number, address, or social network details.
- If you are going to reveal your email address, why not setup a new email account rather than giving your personal email address away.
- If you are going to have a telephone conversation with someone, make sure you block your telephone number so they can't see it. If you are unsure how to do this, contact your telephone provider.
- If you are going to Skype with someone, create a new Skype account and don't use your real name.
- Be extremely wary about removing your clothes or doing other things in photos or in front of your webcam. This could be used against you, even if you think you know the other person.